- Introducing the new Casper Event Standard(CES), the proposal details are described here.
- The new proposal supports events in CEP- 47 style scheme and more event types, please review the link above for event naming and other details. If you wish to listen to the events, there are two ways: clear text (CEP-47 way) or encoded (CES way). In the CEP-47 scheme, events were recorded in a BTreeMap and in the new CES a dictionary.
- Introducing a new modality
EventsMode, which is set during installation and has 3 modes:
NoEvents: This is the default operation
CEP-47: The legacy port of CEP-47 to the CEP-78 contract
CES: A new Casper Event Standard
EventsModemodality selects the event schema used to record any changes that occur to tokens issued by the contract instance. Existing contracts upgrading from v1.1.1 will also be able to supply the events mode argument, to enable event tracking from that contracts version. Please note that historical tracking of contract level events is not provided for events data triggered before the upgrade to v1.2.0.
- Added the ability to revoke approval to CEP-78 here.
- Added reverse lookup in transfer only mode here.
- CEP-78 client is updated as well to work with CES (Casper event standards) and CEP47 events, more here and change logs here.
Existing CEP-78 User Impact: There is no impact to existing CEP-78 users with respect to minting costs if the events mode is set to default (no event tracking). However, if events are enabled, users will experience higher costs to mint compared to previous CEP-78 versions.
If you have any concerns, questions, or issues, please submit a request to our support team here: